Foresight Building Inspection Services
Residential Home Inspection
Foresight Building Inspection will visually examine your home’s accessible systems and components and provide a full report on their condition complete with high resolution, expandable photos. . All residential home inspections are performed according to CREIA’s Standards of Practice. These areas of your home will be evaluated:
- Exterior: flashing, trim, eaves, soffits, fascia, porches, steps, walkways, balconies, railing, doors, receptacles, grading, drainage and attached garages
- Foundation: walls, basement, crawlspace, slab and structural components
- Roofing: covering, flashing, skylights and chimneys
- Attic: insulation and ventilation
- Plumbing: water supply, drainage, fixtures, water heater and piping
- Electrical: wiring, paneling, grounding, disconnects, lighting fixtures, receptacles and switches
- HVAC: venting, heating and cooling units and distribution
- Interior: walls, ceilings, floors, windows, doors, stairs, railing, built-in appliances, cabinetry, countertops and fireplaces
We offer inspections on the condition and viability for use of all kinds of commercial properties. Foresight Building Inspection provides comprehensive inspections on multi-dwelling apartment complexes, industrial warehouses, retail spaces, restaurants retirement homes, and much more. Contact us for a quote on your commercial property inspection.
- Complete property inspection for buyers and sellers
- Partial inspection of specific systems (roof, electrical, etc.)
- Pre-bid walkthrough assessment for buyers
- Safety and maintenance inspection for property management firms
- Prelease and exit inspections for tenants and landlords
Foresight Building Inspection is your one-stop shop for important services that few other home inspection companies provide. Having a sewer camera inspection is crucial when purchasing a home. We use a state-of-the-art camera to evaluate the condition of your sewer lines and structure. Avoid the risk of serious damage to your sewer system and the potential of thousands of dollars in repair costs with this valuable inspection.
Hidden, cancer-causing hazards, like asbestos and lead, are prevalent in the building materials of older homes. If your home is over 30 years old, safeguard the health and safety of your family and have your home inspected and tested for these environmental concerns. We will provide certified testing services for the presence of asbestos and lead and advise you on how to proceed if evidence of these contaminants exists within your home.
Our mold inspection evaluates your home’s indoor environment to look for toxic mold growth that is unhealthy for you and your family. We will visually inspect your home for evidence of moisture intrusion, especially in prone areas such as basements and crawlspaces, to determine evidence of mold. If found, we will recommend the best steps to take to mitigate the issue and protect your family.
Home Maintenance Inspection
Find problems with your home before they become major issues and expensive repairs. We will provide an annual, unbiased review of your home’s condition. We will examine the mechanical systems and structural features of your home and provide a detailed report of items in need of repair or maintenance, as well as identify safety concerns that should be addressed.
On older homes, your insurance company may request a 4-point inspection which certifies that your home’s four major mechanical systems and structures are functioning properly. We will evaluate the condition and life expectancy of the roof, HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems of your home and prepare a comprehensive report for your insurance company to assist you in obtaining homeowner’s insurance or lowering your premiums.
A pre-listing inspection benefits both the seller and buyer. As a seller, you can identify issues with your home before placing it on the market and perform necessary repairs at your discretion. As a buyer, this inspection ensures you know the exact condition of the home you’re purchasing and lends confidence to your decision. Let us help ease the transition of the selling process with a pre-listing inspection today.